A wonderous fuck-ton of anatomy/drawing reference books.
If you’re looking for something book-wise, here are my top ten recommendations to you all. If you’re interested solely in anatomy (not necessarily for drawing), go for the two below the top row (not saying those can’t also be for drawing; they can, which is why they’re included). Be certain you look through some of the pages of these books before buying; don’t be an asshole like me and assume high ratings and a plethora of praise mean the book is great (that’s not where I got these from; I’ve seen the pages and approved). And identify what it is you’re looking to improve on and whether the book’ll help with that or not; know which style you interpret best (digital 3D, sketches, photographs, emphasized exaggerations, realistic illustration, medical charts, tangible 3D clay modles, etc.) Enjoy.
Plus, if you’re looking for biomechanics, you can check this one out:
And I’ll list the books in case the images aren’t showing up for you:
1. Drawing the Living Figure (by Joseph Sheppard)
2. the Artists Complete Guide to Figure Drawing (by Anthony Ryder)
3. Workbook to Accompany Body Structures and Functions (by Ann Senisi Scott)
4. the Body in Motion; it’s Evolution and Design (by Theodore Dimon Jr.)
5. Drawing Dynamic Hands (by Burne Hogarth)
6. Dynamic Anatomy; Revised and Expanded (by Burne Hogarth)
7. Human Anatomy for Artists; the Elements of Form (by Eliot Goldfinger)
8. the Influence of Bones and Muscles on Form (by Walter T. Foster)
9. Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery (by Burne Hogarth)
10. Drawing Human Anatomy (by Giovanni Civardi)
11. Biomechanics of Human Motion; Basics and Beyond for the Health Professions (by Barney F. LeVeau)
A family home with a minuscule energy bill? Yep — and thankfully it’s not just one big solar panel attached to a shoebox. A group of students from three Syracuse, N.Y.-area colleges designed a home that only racks up $2 in energy costs each month …
a bunch of the plein air sketches I was working on during my Utah trip! A week drawing rocks, getting mistaken for a ranger twice- pretty ideal.
If Tumblr Was the Real World - Video Blog.
What would the world be like if Tumblr..was the world? Would cats rule as our masters? Would the entire diet of the world consist of cake and pizza? Would Sherlock and the Doctor be encountered several hundred times a day?
Subscribe on my channel for more videos!
THESE ARE SO INCREDIBLE
I feel like it’s been a really long time since I’ve been this level of awestruck.